2014 represents a year of several new models in clean energy vehicles, so what better time to embrace and learn about them than Earth Day? All across the United States, electric vehicles are playing a big role in Earth Day celebrations with events sprouting up from California to New York to educate the public on the significance of sustainable driving.
To help celebrate Earth Day and promote our commitment to a greener planet, here’s a list of Earth Day events across the country – many of which have special electric vehicle exhibits!
- Please visit on Earth Day at the Ecology Center in San Juan Capistrano, CA. We are working with our partner Kia Motors to have our charging station on display on Earth Day.
- At Earth Day Santa Cruz, the city is showing off its first electric maintenance truck and has an electric vehicle showcase!
- This year the focus at the New York International Auto Show is on compact cars, fuel efficiency, and clean energy technologies. One of the more interesting displays will be a horse-less carriage… .
- For the first time GREENFest in UNLV’s campus in Nevada will have the Drive Electric Las Vegas parade featuring natural gas and electric vehicles.
- The Santa Barbara Earth Day Festival will have a Ride & Drive Event at their Green Car Show, along with a farm-to-table dinner and live music performances! One of the cars you should see is the BMW i3, the first carbon fiber body car by a major manufacturer.
- Newcastle Earth Day will be showcasing electric vehicles with their theme: “Living in Harmony with Nature”.
- During the Raritan Valley Earth Week celebration, the NJ Electric Auto Association will have an electric car show open to the public from 1 to 2pm.
It’s great to see so many organizations, universities and individuals that are so passionate about sharing their knowledge to help protect the Earth. As electric vehicles are becoming more and more relevant in our lives, we hope to see plenty of new events like the ones above in the future. What Earth Day celebrations are happening in your area? Comment and let us know what your plans are!