The best part about the holidays? If you ask us, it’s the chance to deck out our homes and storefronts with beautiful, sparkling lights. There’s just something about twinkling lights that screams “it’s the most wonderful time of the year!” Let’s cue up some holiday music (Frank Sinatra, anyone?) and get this party started! Below are five of our favorite uses of unique holiday lighting.
1. Put string lights on your chandelier. You always decorate your tree and your home, but what about your lighting fixtures? Adding some string lights to your dining room chandelier, where you’ll be eating holiday dinners, is a great way to add some sparkle to the season.
2. Restoration Hardware’s gorgeous starry string lights would look great wrapped on a staircase or tree, but they’re also beautiful contained in glass hurricanes. This is also a great idea for a mantle or a holiday table-scape!
3. Consider lighting up letters. We LOVE this expression of the word “joy” on the side of this home. It can be seen from far away, it gives the happy, cheery feel of the holiday spirit, and it’s easy todo. Consider it for the side of your home, or even your front door!
4. Light up your bike! How cute is this idea?! No one will ever miss you on the street again, and you’ll be spreading cheer everywhere you and your bike go!
5. Who says holiday lights have to be colored? We love this all white look in a home’s front entryway. There’s something so calming and cozy about white furniture, washed out wood floorsand sparkling white lights everywhere. Perfect for the holidays, but great for the rest of the year too!
While you’re decking the halls with these fun lighting ideas, ensure that you have all the right outlets as well as outlet adaptors ready to go. All these beautiful lighting ideas need to be plugged in somehow, and Leviton has got you covered! Happy decorating!