Dimmers can help you create the perfect ambiance within a room. Available in a wide variety of designs, our dimmers help conserve energy and to reduce overall energy costs.
- Universal dimmers are designed to control incandescent, halogen, dimmable LED and dimmable CFL bulbs. They offer full-range dimming, smooth start-up and eliminate flickering and fluttering of lights. When using LED and CFL bulbs with a universal dimmer, be sure the packaging on the bulbs indicates that it is dimmable.
- Leviton’s Universal Dimmers include IPL06-10Z and 6674-P0W.
- Incandescent dimmers are designed to control incandescent and halogen bulbs. They are not designed to control LED or CFL bulbs nor dimmable LED and CFL bulbs. Doing so may result in inconsistent or limited performance. Additionally, incandescent dimmers are not safety listed with UL to control LED or CFL bulbs.
- Leviton’s Incandescent Dimmers include VRI06-1LZ, IPI06-1LZ and 6633-PLW.
Electronic Low-Voltage Dimmers
- Electronic Low-Voltage (ELV) dimmers control ELV transformers and dimmable LED power supplies such as those found in ELV track lighting, under cabinet lighting and LED strips. ELV dimmers require a neutral for installation.
- Leviton’s ELV Dimmers include VRE06-1LZ, IPE04-1LZ and 6615-P0W
Magnetic Low-Voltage Dimmers
- Magnetic Low-Voltage (MLV) dimmers control MLV transformers and are suitable for recessed lights. MLV lights tend to be larger and heavier than ELV lights.
- Leviton’s MLV Dimmers include VRMX1-1LZ, IPM06-1LZ and 6613-PLW.
- Fluorescent dimmers can only control fluorescent fixtures that incorporate rapid start lamps and dimming ballasts.
- This innovative device combines the lighting level control of a dimmer with the energy savings and convenience of a motion sensor. It is compatible with dimmable LED, dimmable CFL, incandescent and halogen bulbs.
- Leviton’s Dimming Sensors include IPSD6-1LZ and IPVD6-1LZ.
For more info, visit Leviton.com/Dimmers or click here to download the Leviton Dimmers Buying Guide (PDF)