Happy New Year, all! We can’t believe it’s already 2014. We could have sworn we were just ringing in 2013. It feels like time is flying by. We can’t wait to get started on our resolutions, which include getting a bit more time in the great outdoors and sleeping at least 7-8 hours a night, every night. Our resolutions don’t stop there, though. We find that the New Year is a great time to start fresh in our home, and get all those home improvement projects on our to-do list started. Say, for example, you’ve been thinking about doing a remodel of the master bathroom. The New Year is the perfect time to get that project moving – whether it means hiring a contractor, or digging in your heels and doing the work yourself. Read on to see a few other indoor and outdoor home improvement ideas for 2014.
- Install dimmers. Does your list of resolutions include going green? We’ve got plenty of suggestions for how you can give back to the planet in 2014, but the easiest one by far is to install environmentally-friendly dimmers in your home. Our collection of dimmers is the ideal tool to help you create the perfect ambiance in a room and to help conserve energy while you do it. Energy costs are reduced when your lighting isn’t operating at 100%, and dimmers help put you in control of how much light each space in your home needs.
- Install a smart thermostat. Isn’t it about time you swapped out your old, outdated thermostat for a smart one? It’s the smart choice, and here’s why: they’ll help you save energy, and money. Our Omnistat thermostats are the latest generation of communicating thermostats, which means that they pick up on what’s going on around them, and learn the heating and cooling patterns of your home. Neat, right? We’ve got a whole blog post on smart thermostats. Click here to read it.
- Install USB outlets. If you’re anything like us, you’re surrounded by your electronic devices pretty much 24/7. We’re a bit more plugged in than we’d like to admit, and that’s thanks to our 4-Port USB Charger Devices. Our 4-Port USB Charger Device is designed to simultaneously charge 4 high-powered electronic devices at once, so that you can spend less time charging and more time enjoying your devices. Say goodbye to wire clutter! Each port is vertically positioned, and the device comes equipped with a microprocessor and smart chip that recognizes the charging power of each device plugged in so you get the maximum charge in the minimum amount of time.
- Add a fire pit. There’s nothing like making the most of the land you have in your own backyard and fire pits are a great way to bring the family together outside, even when it’s chilly. Roast marshmallows, sit around and have a few drinks, catch up with friends… for a minimum investment you can get a whole lot of fun. We’ve got a great blog post on fire pits right here.
- Clean out and organize the garage. We’ve said it once, and we’ll say it again: there’s nothing like a well-organized garage. Use the first few weeks of the New Year to clean out the clutter once and for all, and reorganize with the proper storage. Trust us: you’ll never regret having a more organized space.
- Install a home automation and security system. Our home automation and security systems serve a dual purpose: they keep your family safe and they help you keep an eye on your home even when you’re not there. Check out this post to see a great story of how home automation can save the day!
Never miss another blog post. Subscribe to our RSS Feed.